Press release -
All will be revealed
Northumbria’s stunning end-of-year degree show for its creative courses launches tonight across campus.
REVEAL is an annual exhibition showcasing the outstanding graduate talent from across the University. Students from courses including Animation, Architecture, Interior Architecture, Fashion, Fine Art, Graphic Design, Interactive Media Design, 3D Design, Design for Industry and Interior Design, will exhibit their work in an end-of-year celebration on campus, ahead of further high-profile shows in London such as New Designers and Free Range Interiors.
Northumbria has a global reputation for creativity and innovation, producing graduates who have gone on to international success thanks to the expert guidance and teaching of the University’s academics. From successful artists, filmmakers, creative professionals and ground-breaking designers, Northumbria’s global graduates are changing the world with their inspirational ideas. Notable creative alumni include Sir Jonathan Ive, Chief Design Officer at Apple; Rob Law MBE, Founder of Trunki; Neil Marshall, Episode Director, Game of Thrones; and Mercury Prize nominee, Kathryn Williams. Tomorrow’s event will reveal the final works of this year’s graduating students from the following subject areas:
- REVEAL: Architecture - reflectsthe studio culture and authentic practice taking place in the Faculty of Engineering & Environment, preparing students for a professional career in the field
- REVEAL: Interior Architecture - includes students’ projects set by external clients in partnership with the programme and explore innovative approaches to building reuse and adaptation
- REVEAL: Arts - a raw, exciting exhibition produced by graduating Fine Art students, demonstrating their high level of creative achievement which reflects the diversity of contemporary ideas and culture, asks questions and provokes debate
- REVEAL: Design - presents work by graduating students across all Design disciplines, and it is renowned for producing international recognised designers, with alumni working for notable international companies including Abercrombie and Fitch, Apple, BBC, Habitat, Mars, Nokia, Phillips and River Island
- REVEAL: Media and Communication Design - features a wide range of students’ works across Advertising, Animation, Graphic Design and Interactive Media Design (IMD) courses supported by a highly regarded teaching team with extensive industry experience. Graduates are currently employed by high profile companies such as BBC Digital, Framestone and Nexus.
REVEAL will be open to the public free of charge from 15 June to 24 June 2016 (Architecture and Interior Architecture: 15 June to 4 July 2016), from 10am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, with a special evening launch night tonight from 6pm. For further information about REVEAL, please visit: https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/about-us/news-events/events/2016/06/reveal-2016/
To find out more about studying at Northumbria go to: www.northumbria.ac.uk/artsor sign up for one of our upcoming summer Open Days by clicking here.
Northumbria is a research-rich, business-focused, professional university with a global reputation for academic excellence. To find out more about our courses go to www.northumbria.ac.uk
If you have a media enquiry please contact our Media and Communications team at email@example.com or call 0191 227 4571.